From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X.org is b0rked - BadIdChoice
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:52:54
1 On 7/3/06, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o> wrote:
2 > It's ~arch, you shouldn't get it unless you're running an ~arch system
3 > or specifically added it to package.keywords.
4
5 I am.
6 My system is all ~x86, except for gcc, glibc and binutils, because I
7 had an awful experience with those in the past, which left the system
8 completely unusable. glibc problems aren't something we want to have
9 to deal with (even python didn't run, so no portage to help).
10
11 > I don't think it should be tied into having anything else upgraded, with
12 > the exception of xproto 7.0.7, so I'm a bit surprised you're hitting
13 > these bugs. Good job tracking it down, though.
14
15 Yes, perhaps instead of masking individual package versions, I should
16 leave some of those packages tied to x86, that would still allow some
17 updates.
18 Anyway, I have the habit of looking at package.* and recheck if things
19 still need to be there. For example, I still have the unmasks for
20 gnome-2.14, which I think aren't needed anymore, so I'll remove them.
23 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
24 ZCE - Zend Certified Engineer - PHP!
25 http://www.lustosa.net/
26 --