From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Annoying structure of /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> database
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 11:41:24
1 2013/5/8 Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
2
3 > Am 08.05.2013 13:05, schrieb Thomas Mueller:
4 > > Having package data in /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name> carries the
5 > nuisance factor that finding a package involves a fishing expedition
6 > through many possible categories.
7 > >
8 > > I am spoiled by having /var/db/pkg/<package-name> in NetBSD pkgsrc and
9 > FreeBSD ports, though FreeBSD is wsitching to a different structure nkwon
10 > as pkgng.
11 > >
12 > > Is there any way to configure so as to avoid this annoyance in Gentoo?
13 > Like maybe making /var/db/pkg/<package-name>?
14 > >
15 > > One can do
16 > > ls /var/db/pkg/*/<package-name> but this is still an annoyance.
17 > >
18 > > I have some limited experience with Gentoo Linux on my older computer.
19 > Compiling the kernel took 130 minutes, and then the kernel failed to boot.
20 >
21 > What are you trying to accomplish? I mean, why do you need to navigate
22 > around /var/db/pkg? I'm pretty sure there's a better alternative for
23 > your needs.
27 Have a look at eix or equery, just match them for your needs
30 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
31
32 Randolph Maaßen