From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can I send email under linux terminal?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:29:25
1 On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 10:47:55 Lavender wrote:
2 > Actually the subject is not correct . The emails
3 > I sent before were writtern on a web page , not on
4 > linux system , because I haven't install a KDE
5 > desktop which means I only can work under linux
6 > terminal.
7
8 Well, there's more than one ways to achieve the same result.
9
10 You can continue to use a webmail account with a text mode web browser. There
11 are a few to choose from - some will work better than others:
12
13 www-client/elinks
14
15 www-client/links
16
17 www-client/lynx
18
19 If your webmail provider has a correctly coded their webmail page then you
20 should not have a problem accessing your messages with any of the above
21 browsers, using SSL connection.
24 Alternatively, you can use a mail client from within a console or an X
25 terminal like:
26
27 mail-client/mutt
28
29 mail-client/alpine
30
31 mail-client/pine
32
33 Most of these require that you learn their respective key-binding commands,
34 but have extensive documentation. mutt is probably used more widely these
35 days and there are a few users in this M/L familiar with it.
36
37 HTH.
38 --
39 Regards,