From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-3.0 and oldconfig
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:40:50
1 On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Howdy,
3 >
4 > I noticed the new kernel in the tree.  Anybody know whether make oldconfig
5 > will work when coming from a 2.6.39 series kernel?  Since I'm having issues
6 > right now, I wouldn't mind trying to new and improved, hopefully, version.
7 >
8 > I just had a thought, what are the odds the nvidia drivers are ready for
9 > this shiney new beast?
10 >
11 > Thoughts?
12 >
13 > Dale
14
15 Worked for me.
16
17 There's nothing very different about 3.0 vs 2.6.X. It's just a
18 decision to start using new numbers. I'm writing you from my laptop
19 which is now running 3.0.0 with nvidia-drivers-275.19. Seems to be
20 working fine
21
22 - MArk