From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: world update gone astray portage will not let me continue
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 06:53:46
1 On Tue, 20 Jul 2021 07:36:27 +0100, (Nuno Silva) wrote:
2
3 > As this is a problem with generating documentation, have you tried the
4 > following as a workaround?:
5 >
6 > USE=-doc emerge -1a media-libs/harfbuzz
7
8 It is recommended that you do not enable the doc USE flag globally, but
9 only for those packages where you need the extra documentation.
10
11 % grep \^doc /var/portage/profiles/use.desc
12 doc - Add extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc). It is recommended to enable per package instead of globally
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.