From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unpacking an ISO Image
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:18:56
1 On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 10:18 -0500, Kris Kerwin wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > Quick question. Is there any way that one can unpack an ISO image:
5 > extracting the data that is contained within it like a tarball,
6 > without having to burn it to a CD? I'm sure there's an option
7 > somewhere within either the mkisofs or cdrecord man pages, but I feel
8 > like I'm searching for a needle in a haystack.
9 >
10 > Thanks in advance.
11 >
12 > Kris
13 Hi,
14 Use mount -t iso9660 ISO-file-name.iso /mnt/cdrom -o loop
15 Then in /mnt/cdrom you'll have ISO-file contents. man mount
16 HTH.Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature