From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [FAQ] How to recover from an unsuccessful build
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 17:31:03
1 Hi,
2
3 when I emerge many packages (currently more than 3000), emerge nearly
4 never succeeds.
5 Yes, I'm using the option --keep-going but this doesn't help most of
6 the time.
7
8 I have the complete emerge command in one file which has lots of lines.
9 Now I have the problem to remove those packages from this file which
10 have been successfully emerged.
11
12 Currently I have written a Python program to scan /var/log/emerge.log
13 to extract packages which have been
14 emerged and which then removes these from my original file.
15 This still needs some manual tweaking in the case when a packages has
16 to be installed more than once (into different slots).
17
18 Is there a more elegant solution to this probably most common problem?
19
20 Many thanks for some hints,
21 Helmut