From: Moshe Kaminsky <kaminsky@××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: recompiling vim linked to libncursesw
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 06:06:50
1 * Fernando Canizo <conan@××××××××××.ar> [27/07/05 07:15]:
2 >
3 > Hi all.
4 >
5 > I'm having trouble with my encoding using mutt + vim + utf-8,
6 > basically mi emails are sent with wrong encoding when *replying*. I've
7 > tracked the problem, searched, readed FAQs and i found that maybe my
8 > problem is this: that while mutt is linked to libncursesw (wide
9 > library) vim is to libncurses (normal), this is the output of ldd:
10
11 I find it hard to believe that this is the problem. You say that you can
12 use utf8 when you are composing (or writing some other stuff), right?
13 What are the values of 'encoding' and 'fileencoding' in vim when
14 replying?
15
16 Moshe