From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: make of gentoo-sources-3.2.12 fails
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 19:25:15
1 On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Alecks Gates <alecks.g@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> This is only the case if the person who replies doesn't trim their quoted
4 >> text - which is often the case when brain-dead top-posters try bottom (aka
5 >> inline) posting...
8 >> You should always strive to adjust you habits to the rules of the forum you
9 >> are participating in...
10 >>
11 >> I loathe top-posting, but there are a few forums I participate in where that
12 >> is the norm, so I just grin and bear it...
15 > Personally, gmail has given me a bad habit.  It defaults to
16 > top-posting in the web client, which I don't see how to change.  But
17 > at least on the desktop I can easily move formatting around.  On the
18 > Android client it seems rather archaic.  Does anyone know how to
19 > change to bottom-posting on either client?
20
21 In Android, you can press "Reply in-line", but then you've got to
22 navigate potentially large email threads using a tiny screen to get to
23 the right place to reply. It's an ugly scenario.
27 :wq