From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 04:45:44
1 Anthony E. Caudel wrote:
2 > I see that KDE 3.5 finally made it out of testing. I plan to upgrade to
3 > it but since it is slotted, I'll have to unmerge 3.4 first. No problem,
4 > but I think I will then have to recompile all non-kde but related apps,
5 > such a k3b, that were compiled against the old libraries. Right?
6 >
7 > Using "equery useflag kde", I found k3b and amarok (and gnome-libs ????).
8 >
9 > So, my question is: Is this all? I can't believe these are all the
10 > semi-kde apps there are? Does the fact that it does not use the kde
11 > flag guarantee that it does not need the kde libraries?
12 >
13 > Course, I guess I could blithely go along and as apps crash, I'll find
14 > the others.
15
16 Just do a revdep-rebuild after merging 3.5 and unmerging 3.4 - that
17 should rebuild anything that lost libraries.
21 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
22 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
23 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list