From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iwl5000 firmware fails to load
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 23:35:13
1 On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 5:59 AM, James <jtp@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Bump -- just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or has seen
4 > this in recent system updates.
7 Have you verified the permissions on iwlwifi-5000-2.ucode are sensible?
8
9 Do you want to see my .config?
10
11 I agree with your reasoning on HAL, and that suggests its a kernel problem.
12 Are you sure you are using the same kernel as before the software updates?
13 If you are then something we think we know to be true, is not.
14
15 Can you boot from a DVD to verify that the hardware hasnt died? What can you
16 see with lspci or lshw?