From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] revdep-rebuild is giving me fits
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 02:32:55
1 On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:29:14 -0600
2 Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > As you can see I have a few broken thingys. It says I need to re-emerge
7 > apache and I have never used apache in my life. What the heck does it
8 > need that for? This is my desktop rig not some fancy server.
11 Perhaps you have an apache(2) USE flag in /etc/make.conf?
12
13 > Should I just do a emerge -ev world and be done with it or does someone
14 > have a better solution to this thing?
15
16 Before you do that, get rid of /root/.revdep*
17 Run - python-updater
18 Then - perl-cleaner all
19 Then - emerge -uDNav world
20 Then - revdep-rebuild -p