From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restart agetty after update @world?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 13:43:35
1 On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 07:51:46 -0400,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 4:22 AM, Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de> wrote:
5 > > Dale wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >> I do it this way.
8 > >> pkill agetty
9 > >> Simple, quick and easy to remember. One could script it I guess???
10 > >
11 > > I'm pretty sure this would work, but is there something which would
12 > > start them again? As far as I understand, these are the processes
13 > > that provide console login - correct? Normally, I log in using ssh
14 > > via network, but I would be a little upset if I couldn't log in at
15 > > the console any more...
18 > Agetty is started by init, so it will be restarted if it dies.
19 > sysvinit does all of about 3 things in total, and this is one of them.
20
21 Would not you have to do this for each device, so maybe killall agetty
22 or some such?
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici