From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is --changed-deps going to be *that* useless?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 18:12:09
1 On 27/02/18 17:43, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > The --changed-deps flag, on the other hand, is a crutch for when
3 > developers make in-place edits to ebuilds and don't make the necessary
4 > revision bump.
5
6 I believe the --changed-deps flag is ALSO for USERS who want to change
7 settings on their computer.
8
9 If I emerge a new utility program (such as lame), I will change my
10 global flags to tell other programs to use it. That is what
11 --changed-deps is for - so the programs that were originally compiled
12 without support will be re-compiled with support. No ebuilds have been
13 changed anywhere ...
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol