From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: When is a disk not a disk?
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:51:56
1 On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 04:25:17AM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > You said that Google didn't help, but still, I've found some info about
3 > it. In short, I've found two things:
4 >
5 > a) "cfdisk" might work while "fdisk" does not.
6
7 Interesting. My personal experience has been the opposite: cfdisk
8 writes (and demands) better formed partition tables, so sometimes crap
9 that fdisk can read/write will not work with cfdisk. But of course,
10 YMMV. Since we are bringing up alternative fdisk programs, what about
11 sfdisk? I wouldn't put money on it, but it won't hurt to try.
12
13 W
14 --
15 Willie W. Wong wwong@××××××××××××××.edu
16 Data aequatione quotcunque fluentes quantitae involvente fluxiones invenire
17 et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton