From: Andrew Syrewicze <asyrewicze@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo-users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge --update --deep world installs unwanted packages
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:04:00
1 Hey eveyone. This is probably a really simple question. I've used debian
2 for many years and recnetly made a permanent switch to gentoo, so i'm a
3 bit noobish when it comes to portage.
4
5 I had pretty much all the programs I want installed on my machine so i
6 figured I should run an update to keep everything current, so i ran
7 "emerge --update --deep world".
8
9 This reinstalled two packages that I had recently removed like epiphany,
10 and evolution. When I removed these prior to the update I followed the
11 portage documentation on removing them, and ran the proper sequence of
12 commands.
13
14 so, my question is. How can I stop portage from reinstallin g these
15 packages everytime I run an update???
16
17 thanks in advances everyone.
18
19 -A