From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question regarding trick portage.mask situation
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:29:24
1 On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:20:01 -0400, Matthew Cline wrote:
2
3 > As an aside, I think this latest instability with new versions of
4 > gentoo-sources has to do with problems using older versions of the
5 > nvidia drivers with newer kernel versions. Unfortunately, I cannot
6 > upgrade my nvidia drivers because my Geforce2 GTS is officially
7 > unsupported by the latest drivers.
8
9 My partner's computer is running the 1.0.7174 drivers, the latest that
10 work with the TNT2 card, on gentoo-sources-2.6.13-r1 with no stability
11 problems. It also worked fine on later the 2.6.12 revisions.
12
13 That may indicate that the fault is elsewhere in your setup, or it may
14 mean that the combination is only flakey on certain hardware, but I
15 thought I'd let you know.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I'm Marvin of Borg. Guess what kinds of weapons we have. Go on, guess.