From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet security.
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:31:30
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Someone found this and sent it to me.
3 >
4 > http://news.yahoo.com/internet-experts-want-security-revamp-nsa-revelations-020838711--sector.html
7 > <<<< SNIP>>>>
8 >
9 > Am I right on this, wrong or somewhere in the middle?
10 >
11 > Dale
12 >
13 > :-) :-)
17 I got this in my email today.
18
19 https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/08/one-key-rule-them-all-threats-against-service-provider-private-encryption-keys
22 It seems, I may be wrong on this tho, that some changes are being made.
23 While there is a lot of info there, it also seems that each site has one
24 key and once you have that one key, you can then handle the whole sites
25 encryption. Example: Google, Facebook, a bank, the EFF site or whatever.
26
27 It seems we are back to face to face and even that isn't a sure thing.
28
29 I'm still reading some of the other posts. It seems this is a mess with
30 no real sure answer since it all depends on a lot of other things.
31 Mostly we don't know for sure what information the spy folks have and
32 what is compromised and what is not. < sighs >
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!