From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:11:09
1 On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:02:36 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > > It's not wasteful, as it provides an easy option for many people and
4 > > it uses existing software.
5 >
6 > It IS wasteful, as it doesn't use existing, standard software and
7 > as it re-implements a functionality, which is very likely to be
8 > present already.
9
10 Except that Python's smtplib is existing, standard software.
11
12 The rest of the discussion is moot as neither of us had read
13 make.,conf.example carefully enough until now :(
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 This signature project was my last, best hope to seem eloquent. It failed.
20 But in the year of Decency In Communications Act, it became something
21 greater. My last, best hope for satire. The year is 1997. The Place:
22 Babbling On Pine.