From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no SysRq
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:57:55
1 I'm trying to enable the use of the SysRq key. My keyboard is Logitech
2 Access. It has a key labeled PrtScr/SysRq right next F12. I recompiled
3 the kernel with support for SysRq, but still it doesn't work. It seems
4 that the key is not recognized. The output of showkey -s, when pressing
5 SysRq, is
6 0xe0 0x2a 0xe0 0x37 0xe0 0xaa 0xe0 0xb7
7 I read sysrq.txt in the kernel source Doc directory:
8 There are some keyboards that send different scancodes for SysRq than the
9 pre-defined 0x54. So if SysRq doesn't work out of the box for a certain
10 keyboard, run 'showkey -s' to find out the proper scancode sequence. Then
11 use 'setkeycodes <sequence> 84' to define this sequence to the usual SysRq
12 code (84 is decimal for 0x54). It's probably best to put this command in a
13 boot script. Oh, and by the way, you exit 'showkey' by not typing anything
14 for ten seconds.
15 It's not clear (to me) what to do. Does <sequence> equal "0xe0 0x2a 0xe0 0x37 0xe0 0xaa 0xe0 0xb7"?
16 And if so, is this a stable thing, i.e. a keyboard characteristic, not
17 bound to change unless the keyboard is replaced?
22 Jorge Almeida
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list