From: Greg Fitzgerald <netzdamon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mpd issues
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:05:19
1 On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 11:11:23AM -0600, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > This is too baffling to get my head around, I hope someone can explain it to me:
5 >
6 > mpd is set to run in the default level but if you want to update the
7 > database mpd must first be stopped! Then to top it off, it doesn't
8 > have to be restarted to run the client, ncmpcpp in my case.
9 >
10 > So what does mpd do if it's not required for these two essential tasks?
11 >
12 > Maxim
13
14 Most clients that I have used, ncmpc, mpc, gmpc, all have support to
15 update the database within the client without restarting the daemon. For
16 example mpc update will do just that.
17
18 Greg