From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which IPSEC to go?
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 16:10:56
1 In <4B612F2E.1070602@××××××××.net> kashani-list@××××××××.net (kashani) writes:
2
3 >On 1/24/2010 1:38 PM, Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> since I am a while out of the game of doing ipsec with Linux:
7 >> What's the way to go? Strongswan/Openswan or ipsec-tools for kame/racoon.
8 >>
9 >> Emerge -p gave me some ~ for ipsec-tools while openswan goes without.
10 >>
11 >> Any input welcome. I need this for a road warrior setup.
12
13 >Use Openvpn. Way simpler, has a client for all the major OSs, and most
14 >importantly isn't based on annoying ipsec. You can use Openvpn between
15 >servers as well to setup tunnels.
16 Well I already use openvpn but I have a device that only allows for IPSEC
17 and does not run openvpn. Otherwise I would not go that way
18
19 >kashani
22 Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@×××××××.de
23 Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185
25 "Captain, this ship will not survive the forming of the cosmos." B'Elana Torres