From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Merging separate /usr back into / - one last time...
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:47:40
1 On 2013-12-02 8:02 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 06:24:43 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> You have got the disk space, so if you have a backup its reversible so
5 >> don't be a wimp :)
6 >
7 > It's reversible even if there is no backup, because data it copied
8 > from /usr to /, not moved. If the new /usr doesn't work for any reason,
9 > just mount the old one on it.
10
11 True, I had forgotten about that... thanks, that actually does make it
12 much less risky, so definitely will be trying this soon (maybe even this
13 weekend if I have time)... :)
14
15 Yeah, when it comes to servers, I'm more of a wimp than not... but being
16 careful and conservative on my servers has saved me more times than I
17 can count, so I'm ok with it... ;)