From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] loop-aes - detach util-linux dependency
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 18:23:23
1 Hello All loop-aes Users,
2
3 Up to now, every time a new version of util-linux was out, we had to
4 wait for loop-aes patch in order to use it within loop-aes
5 environment.
6
7 The dependency between loop-aes and util-linux was hard to maintain
8 for both base-system, crypto and users.
9
10 Basically, all we need is the losetup utility out of util-linux to
11 support loop-aes specific options, this because we can perform losetup
12 and then standard mount/umount over the loop device.
13
14 I added a new package loop-aes-losetup which builds a specific version
15 of util-linux with loop-aes patch, and installs only losetup utility
16 as loop-aes-losetup. This will enable to drop the loop-aes patches
17 from util-linux and ease maintenance and usage.
18
19 People who wish to migrate to the new setup can do this now, by using
20 the loop-aes-losetup utility instead of losetup when dealing with
21 loop-aes loop devices, or replacing mount with loop-aes specific
22 options with loop-aes-losetup and mount.
23
24 I will be happy to answer any question regarding the above, please CC me.
25
26 Regards,
27 Alon Bar-Lev.