From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] seamonkey runs too slow
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 14:55:32
1 I have the latest version of seamonkey installed. It has been running
2 slower with each of the recent upgrades. I noticed now that the
3 "roaming" flag is default on, so I am going to recomile with this flag
4 off. Here are my current seamonkey settings:
7 Installed versions: 2.26.1(15:58:22 06/28/14)(alsa chatzilla crypt dbus ipc
8 jit libnotify roaming -custom-cflags <the rest oof the flags are off>
11 So suggestions as to how to make seamonkey run faster are most warranted. I
12 do keep open lots of windows but that was never a problem in the past.
13
14 I have an AMD-FX8350 mobo (not-clock-yet) with 32 G of ram. hotp shows only
15 one to 2 processors being used, and less than 1/4 the ram being used. Still
16 the latency is why to high for anything I do on the system; the seamonkey
17 latency is getting worse with every upgrade of the system. I have rebooted,
18 and looked and can find nothing slowing down the system due to resource
19 constraint.
20
21 Suggestions are most welcome.
22
23 relevant make.conf :
24 CFLAGS=" -march=native -O2 -pipe"
25 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
26 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
27 MAKEOPTS="-j9 -l9"
28 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=""
29 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--jobs=8 --load-average=16 --keep-going=y "
30 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y --autounmask-write y"
34 James