From: Patrice Bouvard <p.bouvard@×××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 net.eth1 net.eth2 persist in trying to come up even though not in any run level.
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:08:25
1 Le Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:51:57 -0500,
2 James Lockie <bjlockie@××××××.ca> a écrit :
3
4 > Richard Watson wrote:
5 > > Hi, I recently upgraded my system with emerge -uDN world. Afterwards I found that net.eth0 was grabbing my firewire port (ieee1394) and I needed to create net.eth2 for my NIC as net.eth1 was being assigned to my wireless. My problem is that although "rc-update show" indicates all my interfaces are NOT being loaded other than net.lo at boot (which is what I want) my system keeps trying to start net.eth0 net.eth1 net.eth2 in the " default" run level. Can anybody help? It's very frustrating waiting for these interfaces to try and connect before timing out.
6 > >
7 > > I've always run my network connection on this basis as Gentoo is on my laptop and depending where I am will determine which interface I want to use.
8 > >
9 > > Thanks, Richard
12 > rm /etc/init.d/net.eth0 && rm /etc/init.d/net.ath1
15 That's a solution. Unfortunately, not always the good one.
18 Richard : you should have a look at RC_PLUG_SERVICES in /etc/conf.d/rc
21 Another solution if you are dhcp-ing is (from /etc/conf.d/net.example) :
22
23 # For passing custom options to dhcpcd use something like the following. This
24 # example reduces the timeout for retrieving an address from 60 seconds (the
25 # default) to 10 seconds.
26 #dhcpcd_eth0="-t 10"
27
28 But !!! Yes, there is a "but"... Be carefull. On some networks, it might takes a bit more than 10sec
29 to receive an dhcp answer.
33 Cordialement,
34 Patrice BOUVARD, Networks & Systems Engineer
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list