From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Automatic network configuration for USB connected device
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 21:51:47
1 Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson <at> dmj.nu> writes:
4 > I have bought me a new toy - an Openmoko Freerunner.
7 Hello Dan,
8
9 The gentoo embedded linux group is doing quite a lot of work on openmoko
10 and many other pda's:
11
12 Here's a little diddy from Angelo Miguel Arrifano
13 "
14
15 Me and Ned Ludd are working on a embedded overlay mostly for PDAs.
16 The overlay is located here:
17 http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/linwizard/overlay/
18 The overlay includes some fixed ebuilds for cross-compiling base
19 dependencies. There is also a GPE tree there that should be emergeable.
20 More recently, we started to work on openmoko ebuilds. It's not finished
21 yet.
22
23 We also provide binary packages for ARMV5TE-JL here:
24 http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/linwizard/
25 "
26
27 I not sure you are interested in putting embedded gentoo on
28 your openmoko, but you should be aware that folks are working
29 on these sorts of goodies, for the gentoo community.
30
31 hth,
32
33 James