From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} SSD instead of RAID1?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:57:30
1 On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:57:52 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > If your partition table is laid out with the swap partition directly
4 > after the root partition, you can delete both, recreate the root
5 > partition the same size as both together. The new root partition must
6 > start where the old one did. Renumber the partitions and remember to
7 > adjust fstab if you mount by device number. Then resize the root file
8 > system. The filesystem and your kernel must support this.
9 >
10 > If your root partition and swap partition are logical partitions in
11 > fdisk, this will probably fail. I do not know why, but I never got this
12 > to work.
13
14 I've done this with logical partitions, but I use cfdisk instead of fdisk.
15
16 It's moot anyway as Grant has swap before / so a live CD session with
17 gparted looks to be required.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 ... Veni, Vidi, Visa - I came, I saw, I charged it.