From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo net0 - auto resetting - very impressed
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:01:59
1 On Sunday 13 Sep 2015 19:14:55 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > After recent upgrade, I've noticed the my network connection auto
3 > configure itself, depend which network I'm connected to. Very
4 > impressive.
5 > Which configuration/program is responsible for it?
6
7 If you are running openrc, then I'm guessing that it would be the default
8 setting which starts dhcpcd.
9
10 If you running ifplugd then it would be that daemon which starts dhcpcd when a
11 link becomes live.
14 > Lately I've installed Fedora core on my old eeepc and I very impressed
15 > with the printer installation. Fedora automatically recognized my
16 > Brother HL-5730 printer and installed printer driver for it.
17 >
18 > I wish Gentoo would be able to do it as well some day.
19
20 I seriously hope that my Gentoo does not install anything without asking me.
21 I don't mind being notified about a driver, or kernel component, but only when
22 I take an action relevant to the particular component. Having things being
23 installed on *my* computer should be down to me to decide and down to me to
24 initiate.
27 Regards,
28 Mick