From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.17 fails and warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 09:19:29
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >> On 07/16/2014 09:32:31 AM, Dale wrote:
4 >>> I tried this. I unpacked the stage3 tarball just like I would for a new
5 >>> install, in /mnt/gentoo of course. I set it up just enough to where I
6 >>> could try and emerge glibc and just see if it would complete or if it
7 >>> would fail. It failed. It seems to me that while it may be complaining
8 >>> about the kernel version, something else is really the issue. I'm using
9 >>> the latest kernel so it can't be that. I also installed linux-headers
10 >>> and tried again, still failed.
11 >> What kernel version are you using?
12 >> On one machine I have strange effects with kernel 3.15.x (including
13 >> 3.15.5)
14 >> Portage hangs. Attaching gdb to it one can see that hangs in the glibc
15 >> call
16 >> __epoll_wait_nocancel
17 >> called from pyepoll_poll from PyRun_FileExFlags
18 >>
19 >> Just stepping back to 3.14.12 solves the problem.
20 >> (I do have linux-headers-3.15 installed here)
21 >>
22 >> Helmut
26 > 3.15.5-gentoo
27 >
28 > I got a different tarball, going to test that. If it fails, may step
29 > back a kernel version and see if that helps. It's faster than
30 > re-installing from scratch again. ;-)
31 >
32 > Dale
33 >
34 > :-) :-)
37 UPDATE: I downloaded a different stage3 tarball and I think I see
38 progress. It has a couple errors that I had to fix, had to run
39 gcc-config for one, but it looks like glibc is running longer than
40 before. It seems to be compiling now. So, it seems that other tarball
41 has some issues and needs a hammer.
42
43 Now to figure out if I want to try and use the binary from this new
44 tarball on the current install OR just install Gentoo again from scratch.
45
46 Dale
47