From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rc script to start Oracle
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:02:05
1 Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 > pat wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I've successfully installed the OracleDB 10gR2 and I want to start it at boot.
7 >> Are there any rc startup scripts ???
8 >>
9 >> Thanks a lot.
10 >>
11 >> Pat
15 > Do you mean rc-update? rc-update add oracle default
18 Pat might be after the actual oracle startup script - its been a while
19 since I used Oracle, but essentially you just need to copy one of the
20 existing Gentoo rc scripts and make sure it does:
21
22 on start:
23 su - oracle -c "dbstart"
24 su - oracle -c "lsnrctl start"
25
26 On stop:
27 #su - oracle -c "dbshut"
28 su - oracle "lsnrctl stop"
29
30 (Note that dbshut used to be rather stupid, and refuse to terminate
31 existing connections, so may just leave it commented out and let the
32 oracle server get killed - never hurt it as I recall!)
33
34 Cheers
35
36 Mark