From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recent trouble with wicd and systemd (non-global ctrl_ifname)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:53:03
1 At home I use a wired connection so did notice the following problem
2 until I traveled and tried to connect wirelessly.
3 The problem must have started sometime within the past month.
4
5 If I have wicd started by systemd, i.e.
6 systemctl enable wicd
7 The wired network is started fine but not the wireless. Instead, I see
8 in the systemd journal
9
10 wicd[290]: Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: wired error: No
11 such file or directory
12 wicd[290]: Failed to connect to non-global ctrl_ifname: wireless error: No
13 such file or directory
14
15 If I instead systemctl disable wicd, reboot, and then manually type
16 wpa_supplicant -i wireless -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
17 it works.
18
19 Indeed after I have booted I can start wicd and cannot get the error
20 above, but the actual behavior is not consistent.
21
22 My system is ~amd64, profile gnome/systemd
23
24 My wireless driver is from the package broadcom-sta (wl)
25
26 thanks in advance for any help.
27 allan