From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VM Ware or not?
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:05:23
1 On Tuesday 29 January 2008 04:26:01 pm Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
2 > On 1/29/08, Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > Hey Mike,
4 > >
5 > > I passed on vmware for my use as it is quite the overkill for my simple
6 > > needs. Also, vmware does not currently run on the most recent kernels.
7 > > And secondly, you only get to use it for 30 days... the vmware
8 > > workstation evaluation copy that is.
9 >
10 > Apply to VMware Workstation. VMware Server is free.
11
12 That and I believe the server package requires vm support in the cpu while the
13 workstation does not.
14
15 Cheers all.
20 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride