From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: LMLBT4x ntsc card
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 18:06:26
1 James writes:
2 >
3 > I've installed a LMLBT44 ntsc card from Linux Media Labs.
4 > The instructions are for a 2.4 kernel, and look almost useless:
5 > http://www.linuxmedialabs.com/LMLCD/LMLBT4x/DOC/
6 >
7 > Beside with all of the change to video4linux (v4l) and the fact
8 > that it requires bttv to be installed, and there is no package
9 > for bttv (it's most likely been sucked into a new package/source),
10 > I'd appreciated some guidance on how to get this card to do
11 > some basic video streaming of the ntsc (black&white) frames to
12 > a gentoo (kde) system....
15 Perhaps it's the Conexant 2388xx (bt878) driver? In the 2.6 kernel
16 menuconfig -> Device drivers -> Multimedia devices -> Video For Linux -> Video for Linux
17
18 I've used the bt848 in the past via this type of config and it was functional.
19
20 Bob
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list