From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:20:15
1 Am Montag, 02.02.2015 um 08:37
2 schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 02:01:11 +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 >
6 > > > It's got nothing to do with the init system used. That message
7 > > > tells you what to do to try to mount the NFS shares when you
8 > > > boot, but unless you have suitable mount options or kernel
9 > > > config, that attempt will fail.
10 > >
11 > > Maybe I don't exactly understand what you are trying to tell me
12 > > because of my lousy English.
13 > >
14 > > Of course you also need the right mount options and kernel config.
15 > > But since nfsmount doesn't exist anymore, the "rpc stuff" isn't
16 > > started by the OpenRC init system until you add nfsclient to the
17 > > right runlevel.
18 > >
19 > The problem is that the mount command fails g=however you run it, from
20 > either init system or from a shell. It fails with "invalid mount
21 > options" because it now defaults to NFS V4.2 even if it is not
22 > enabled in the kernel. You need to either enable 4.2 or specifically
23 > set nfsver=4 to work around this.
24
25 Thanks for the explanation. My NFS servers are running Ubuntu 14.04.1
26 LTS. Only my clients are gentoo systems. And on the clients I have no
27 NFS 4 support in the kernel and I also don't have to specify nfsver=4.
28 Maybe this problem only occurs with recent NFS versions on the server.
29
30 Regards
31 wabe