From: Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File replication
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 08:59:25
1 Hi Bryan,
2
3 Tks for your advice.
4
5 > Why not just use rsync?
6 >
7 > setup cron to just sync the two directories (/home/blah with
8 > /mnt/disk/blah) over and over?
9
10 Such an arrangement will only sync /home/user on
11 /mnt/usb_enclosure/user at fixed time, periodically, not instaneously
12 whenever there is a change on /home/user
13
14 > Or just set your hom directory to /mnt/disk/user ?
15
16 I intend using the USB device for dual purpose.
17
18 1) as mirror of /home/user. So when there is a problem there is a
19 second copy of data on the USB enclosure.
20
21 2) using it as mobile storge device which can be plugged in on any
22 Linux PC when I work on the latter.
23
24 B.R.
25 SL