From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:57:40
1 luis jure wrote:
2 > on 2013-07-19 at 12:47 Bruce Hill wrote:
3 >
4 >> The OCZs I've purchased have 3-5 year warranty, also. Most of the
5 >> mechanical hard drives you purchase today only have one year. I won't
6 >> buy any SATA mechanical drives except Hitachi.
7 > i got 5 years on a 4Tb western digital caviar black i bought a couple of
8 > days ago. for my part i have been buying only WD for internal HDDs for
9 > many years now (like more than 10 years).
13 I have drives that are very old and still running. The only drive I
14 have ever had to really fail, WD. It had a lot more than 5 years of run
15 time too. I generally run my rig 24/7 here. That drive was about 8
16 years old or maybe older. It also wasn't in the best place for cooling
17 either, unlike my new Cooler Master HAF-932 case where the fans blow
18 directly on the drives.
19
20 Warranty is only the time it is guaranteed to work not how long it will
21 work. I still buy WD drives too. I got several of them buggers here.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!