From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Invalid modules format?!
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 21:06:33
1 On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi people!
3 > I have installed "wanpipe" from freeswitch overlay, and figured after
4 > long time out, that if I manually load the module "modprobe wanrouter",
5 > I have the error on the screen:
6 >
7 > WARNING: Deprecated config file /etc/modprobe.conf, all config files
8 > belong into /etc/modprobe.d/.
9 > FATAL: Error inserting wanrouter
10 > (/lib/modules/3.3.8-gentoo/kernel/net/wanrouter/wanrouter.ko): Invalid
11 > module format
14 > any ideas?!
15
16 Check dmesg for clues printed when this happens. I guess usually it is
17 because of the module not compiled against the running kernel. You can
18 use the modinfo command to see what kernel version module file is
19 targeting.