From: Alan Mckinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] odd emerge problem
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:24:26
1 On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 19:55 -0700, Adrian wrote:
2 >
3 > Greetings all;
4 >
5 > Emerge is doing some odd things. Most of the time it works, but when
6 > I
7 > try to run
8 >
9 > emerge -pv world
10 >
11 > I get:
12 > ---------------------------------
13 > Mon Aug 21 19:47:13
14 > /usr/portage/distfiles/portage-snapshots
15 > root $ emerge -pv world
16 >
17 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18 >
19 > Calculating world dependencies
20 > Traceback (most recent call last):
21 > File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 3440, in ?
22 > if not mydepgraph.xcreate(myaction):
23 > File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 1416, in xcreate
24
25 I was getting a lot of these a week or so ago. I also noted a fair
26 number of portage/emerge zombie processes showing up in top, and some
27 others that just hung for no good reason. A workaround was to make sure
28 no emerges were still running then 'killall emerge' and retry.
29
30 That worked. Meanwhile, since a portage update in the last few days the
31 bug hasn;t shown up again for me.
32
33 alan
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list