From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: 32/64bit confusion
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 14:07:42
1 On 08/24/2010 03:17 PM, tparker@××××××××××.net wrote:
2 > On 8/24/2010 5:45 PM, Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
3 >> A good idea might be to install the package app-portage/eix. It allows
4 >> you to, amongst other things, to search for packages in case you're
5 >> uncertain about a package name. The search will also tell you whether
6 >> the package is installed, what version as well as what use-flags there
7 >> are for the package.
8 >> There are a lot of other benefits to this application so read the man
9 >> page.
10 >
11 > Extremely useful, grabbing it now, thank you!
12
13 That's an understatement. I think, of all the portage tools out there, I
14 have used eix the most. Of course, revdep-rebuild comes in second, but
15 it's not even really close.