From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Frontier Netgear modem available, IPv6 ready.
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 13:19:33
1 Howdy,
2
3 Some will recall me buying a Netgear modem thinking it would work with
4 AT&T.  Well, it is made for Frontier service so it no longer has any
5 value to me.  If anyone on this list that is in the USA needs or would
6 like a backup Frontier modem that is IPv6 capable, let me know.  I got
7 it dirt cheap so not really worried about the cost of the thing.  If one
8 would like to send something, after making sure it works, to help cover
9 shipping etc, that's fine.  If they are unable, no big deal.  I just
10 hate to throw away a modem that is fairly modern and seems to work.  It
11 is a bare modem.  No power supply, no cables at all.  Just the modem
12 itself.  It requires a 12VDC power supply.  Ebay has them by the ton.
13 Most likely a 1 amp would suffice but a 2 amp may leave extra wiggle
14 room. I happen to have 3 amp versions myself.
15
16 If you reply off list, please leave the [gentoo-user] in the subject
17 line.  Otherwise my spam filter may route you to /dev/null.
18
19 Maybe this will help someone in need.  :-D
20
21 Dale
22