From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can I exclude a package from --depclean's consideration?
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 16:22:43
1 "emerge --depclean" always wants to remove all but the most recent
2 version of gentoo-sources. I read the manpage and can't figure out how
3 to exclude this package. The manpage states:
4
5 "Packages that are part of the world set will always be kept."
6
7 However, if I have sys-kernel/gentoo-sources in world, it still wants
8 to remove all but the most recent version of that package, which I
9 think is the correct behavior... just not what I desire.
10
11 For now I am working around this by placing version-specific package
12 atoms into my world file, but I am just curious if there is a
13 different way of "masking" them from depclean -- one that does not
14 require me to manually edit my world file every time a new kernel
15 revision is installed.
16
17 So, my question: Is there a way to tell depclean to never remove *any*
18 version of gentoo-sources?
19
20 Thanks.