From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [SOLVED] hylafaxplus-5.5.5 not working
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 22:47:21
1 Am Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:23:01 -0700
2 schrieb thelma@×××××××××××.com:
3
4 > >> SOLVED!
5 > >> media-libs/tiff-4.0.7 is not compatible with hylafaxplus-5.5.5
6 > >> Downgrading to tiff-4.0.6 solved the problem
7 > >
8 > > File a bug!
9 > >
10 > > Stroller.
11 >
12 > I did. I wish they tested more thoroughly all these packages before
13 > they mark them as stable; as they are just destabilizing the systems.
14
15 This is a community driven distribution, not commercial. If no one is
16 using that particular combination of packages, it's not tested. You
17 need to be aware of that if you're using some of the more "exotic"
18 features. ;-)
19
20 So, your contribution is to support the devs with tests and bug
21 reports. Or you stick to a commercial distribution and pay your support
22 fee.
25 Regards,
26 Kai
27