From: "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: terminal settings
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 18:13:59
1 On 06/11/09 Harry Putnam said:
2
3 > > Some examples would be helpful.
4 >
5 > echo $SHELL for sure.
6
7 It's /bin/bash.
8
9 Damn, this actually seems inconsistent. I did a fresh login and background
10 jobs with output to stdout aren't hanging.
11
12 Oh wait, one just did. It started fine...
13
14 msoulier@anton:~$ backup_pa.sh &
16 msoulier@anton:~$ Backup up remote dirs etc/httpd usr/local/etc git var/www
17 home/pawsitiveapproach to local file pa_backup.20091107.tar.gz...
18
19 msoulier@anton:~$ jobs
20 [1]+ Running backup_pa.sh &
21
22 and then
23
24 [1]+ Stopped backup_pa.sh
25
26 but if I bring it to the foreground...
27
28 msoulier@anton:~$ fg
29 backup_pa.sh
30
31 Hmm, it doesn't seem to be running actually, it looks like it's still
32 sleeping... All it's doing is running a remote tar over ssh.
33
34 My "at" jobs tend to hang for the same reason, but only on that box. I can't
35 explain it, and I don't know what would control that.
36
37 Mike
38 --
39 Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@×××××××××××××.ca>
40 "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a
41 touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
42 --Albert Einstein