From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] identical drives, different free space!
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 10:26:40
1 On Tue, 18 May 2010 18:19:06 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > The advantage of http-replicator is that it is a caching proxy - if it
4 > isnt in the cache, it downloads it and then serves it out to one or more
5 > clients - rsync/FTP/wget/... can just share whats already there, not go
6 > get the file in the first place.
7
8 What happens if the proxy is not available, such as when a laptop is away
9 from home? With NFS, the DISTDIR share simply isn't mounted and files are
10 downloaded to the local directory, there's no configuration switch needed
11 when away from home.
12
13 Caching the files locally does have its advantages, but for me the only
14 computer that would benefit from it, my netbook, is the one with the
15 least storage space to spare.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I'm not opinionated, I'm just always right!