From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akregator.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:07:09
1 On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 08:55:26 AM Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Read the manual.
4 > > ...and get rid of all those excruciating scripts of yours and start doing
5 > > things manually and sanely, one step at a time.
6 >
7 > Repeat the following three times daily:
8 >
9 > The purpose of a computer is to save me time and effort.
10
11 How is that going to fix YOUR problems?
12
13 I have sane automation in place. To maintain multiple systems, I spent the
14 absolute minimum of time.
15 I actually am able to USE my systems without weird issues and crashes. Last
16 time I had data-loss was in 1997. AFTER which I switched to running Linux for
17 anything actually important.
18
19 You seem to have all kinds of strange issues, all contributable to a complete
20 lack of understanding of what you are doing. Why not do everyone a favour and
21 simply pack up your computer and give it to someone who is capable of reading.
24 Joost