From: Alarig Le Lay <alarig@××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel upgrade from 5.4 to 5.10: oldconfig "Restart config..."
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2021 12:24:28
1 On Mon 05 Apr 2021 13:27:01 GMT, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
2 > I'm always using "make olddefconfig" rather than "make oldconfig" and
3 > had no problems upgrading to 5.10. After running "make olddefconfig" I
4 > use "diff" to compare the new configuration to a backup copy of the old
5 > one, and should something catch my eye I'm correcting it using "make
6 > menuconfig" as usual.
7
8 It seems to be a nice upgrade process, thanks!