From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xfce4 shutdown issues
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:32:15
1 On 2011-07-06 17:37, john wrote:
2
3 > Any suggestions other than converting to e16? (which is becoming
4 > tempting). This seems to happen every upgrade of xfce4/polkit/dbus.
5
6 polkit seems to me just another HAL...
7
8 Try:
9 http://wiki.xfce.org/tips
10
11 Of course you still need to put:
12
13 xfce4-user-session-shutdown.sh in the /etc/sudoers file and allow
14 yourself (and whatever other users that you want) to shutdown.
15
16 Myself, I'm still running xfce4-4.6.2... and have this in my
17 /etc/sudoers file:
18 usernamehere hostname=NOPASSWD: /usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper
19 usernamehere hostname=NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown
20
21 If all else fails you can still do a manual "sudo /sbin/shutdown -h now"...
22
23 Whatever happened to simplicity and the KIS rule?
24
25 HTH
26
27 Best regards