From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:08:18
1 On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
4 > Have you tried the "Google in English" link at the bottom of the page?
5
6 I'm not sure about what you mean. I don't have such link at a normal
7 page. If you mean a Google preferences page, I've been there several
8 times, selected "Tips in English", chose the languages to look for when
9 browsing (English, Portuguese, French and Spanish) and didn't forget to
10 save preferences. Things go well in the same session, but on restarting
11 Firefox there it comes again, like a bad zombie.
12 > I use firefox all the time, but Konqueror is fine, so is Opera, never
13 > benchmarked any of those neither tried different pages, but I like
14 > Opera because I used to run it on Windows few years ago.
15 >
16 I'm inclined to try Opera. I hope it isn't Windows-oriented!
17 --
18 Jorge Almeida
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list