From: Bo Andresen <bo.andresen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] Terminal formatting and colors escape sequences
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:55:58
1 I know this is very off topic, but I have no idea how to find a place where it
2 actually is on topic.. so I'm posting it here.
3
4 I wish to be able to run a program (eix-sync/diff-eix) in cron that prints
5 colors (with use of --force-color) and then send that colored output as a
6 mail. In order to get colors in a mail a have to use html. If there exist a
7 program that is capable of converting escape sequences used for formatting
8 and coloring an xterm to html I would love to know about it.
9
10 Otherwise I'll make it myself (with a very limited range of supported escape
11 sequences). My problem is that I am unable to locate a reference that defines
12 the escape sequences. Guessing by testing with xterm isn't really a optimal
13 way to find out...
16 Bo Andresen
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list